Monday, September 19, 2016

No Peek Chicken


Husband Taste Rating: *****
"Wish there was more rice!  It was delicious.  Chicken was so tender you could pull it apart with a fork."


I stumbled upon this recipe online and I was very intrigued.  Ingredients are simple and it takes very little preparation.  Sounds great to me!

Ingredients:

1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain Wild Rice (original recipe)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (as I'm allergic to mushrooms, I used cream of chicken)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can water (I used 2 cans and it turned out great.  If you like more moisture in your rice, use 2.)
Chicken breasts or tenders

Step One:

Grease a 9x13 pan.

Step Two:

Mix the box of rice and seasoning, cans of soup, and can(s) of water in a medium bowl.  Pour into greased pan.

Step Three:

Arrange the raw chicken on top of the rice mixture, spoon some of the mixture on top of the chicken.  Cover and seal with foil.

Step Four:

Bake at 350 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours and "Don't Peek!"


No comments:

Post a Comment